Pages

Friday 20 January 2012

Granny's squares.

Back in the 1930s, my grandmother made a cot blanket for my then baby sister. Not that she was my baby sister then. I wouldn't appear on the scene for quite a few years, by which time our Nana had departed it. My sister treasures this blanket, and has managed to keep it in near perfect condition, giving us a priceless glimpse at the colours of the family knits in the 30s.
I waved the iPhone over it a few times last night. Funny how I remember it as having no blue. A mistake, clearly. However the old rule, "blue and green should never be seen without a colour in between " has been followed.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad





















1 comment:

  1. I have some questions on the knitting machine. You banner on this page I am not quite sure what it is advertising is it Machine Knitting because I would be interested.

    ReplyDelete