Tuesday, 1 October 2013

A successful prototype

Here are some quick notes about a project I recorded on Ravelry recently. 

Here are some rough diagrams to show the structure.

These diagrams represent an exploded view of the jacket. I hope the coloured lines indicate where the pieces are joined to each other. I used Singer/Studio/Knitmaster Card 4, tuck stitch

I like the stitch pattern, and it is possible to knit neat selveges with this pattern. Knitted in tuck stitch, the fabric resists curl, particularly when knitted at a loose tension.
The jacket is knitted in two yarns knitted together, a fine possum merino and an even finer but strong alpaca silk yarn. The body of the jacket is knitted at Tension 3 and the collar piece at Tension 10
The collar piece is knitted at a loose tension, and attached part way along the front edge of the jacket. This makes it possible to arrange the loose ends in a variety of styles, and it eliminates the need to calculate an exact size to attach. 


  1. Great piece Christine, must try it out! Thanks for sharing.

  2. Thank you. This is such a classy jacket!!!

  3. I am so inspired by your cardigan/jacket, it looks beautiful and I can only imagine how gorgeous it feels

    Another to add to my list of things to make! Thank you